Cedar Shingles Installation & Storage
Special PreStained Product Installation and Storage Instructions
- Before you begin, consult your local building code for installation requirements.
- If the product is not to your satisfaction DO NOT INSTALL IT, we cannot be responsible for defects once the product is installed.
- Store materials flat and well supported under dry cover in a well ventilated area that is unheated.
- Put a vapor barrier under materials and raise off ground – especially important when storing on concrete.
- Store shingles on their pallet to keep them off the ground or cement.
- Any slip sheeting must be replaced when restocking to avoid sticking and damage to the materials.
- Always cover the uninstalled material after a day’s work.
- Install materials as soon as possible.
- Inspect materials and cut out any unacceptable defects prior to installation.
- All raw wood resulting from cuts must be sealed prior to installation (apply to raw areas only) touch-up anywhere on the face of the product may result in spotting – we are not responsible for improper touch-up.
- When applying finish to nail heads use a Q-Tip or an extremely small brush as we are not responsible for spotting due to improper nail head touch up.
- Always use corrosion-resistant; hot-dipped galvanized, aluminum or stainless steel maze nails.
- In addition, install materials according to the appropriate installation instructions below.
- Wood Products Caution
- Red Cedar Shingles Installation
- White Cedar Shingles Installation
- Cedar Valley Shingle Panel Installation
- Red Cedar Siding Installation
- Michigan PreStain Factory Finished Installation Instructions
Additional Cedar Shingles Direct Installation Instructions
Please review our installation materials initially laid out below. Also see additional manufacturers information below our instructions for each manufacturer.