“Why didn’t someone tell me this before I built my house?”
You only get one chance to do it right.
Here’s what the experts say about prefinishing
“Priming or prefinishing cedar products before it is installed, can provide extra protection and often prevent adhesion problems and premature finish failure…Prefinishing is recommended in all circumstances.”
– Western Wood Products Association
“Installation of factory finished lumber is one of the best ways to achieve excellent performance from wood products used outdoors.”
– Historic HomeWorks
“Backprimed wood resists absorbing moisture from the back that can cause the finish to blister and peel. Some of our first backprimed cedar projects still sport their original finish and after nearly seven years still look like new.”
– Fine Home Building Magazine
Benefits of our Prefinished Cedar Shingles and Cedar Siding…
- Factory Finishing costs half the amount of on-site staining.
- PreStaining provides the most uniform cover and eliminates the problems of shrink lines, lap marks, streaking and overspray.
- Coating the front, back, and edges provides maximum protection against weather damage.
- No weather delays, no waiting for painters to show up, and no lost production time.
- Every piece of wood is dried, precision milled and stained to provide long lasting beauty.
- Coating adhesion is improved as compared to wood that is allowed to weather while waiting to be coated.
Our exclusive prefinishing process assures a longer lasting, higher quality, finish than “on site” painting.