Although our stain manufacturers provide coating warranties, it is possible you may have to refinish your wood siding or shingles prior to the warranty periods. Check to see if the coating system you're purchasing is backed by a coating warranty, not all coating systems we offer are backed by a coating warranty. Many factors that affect the longevity of a finish are beyond human control. Some factors that affect your wood siding's finish include:
- The proximity of your home to water (lake, pond, ocean, etc…)
- The amount of sun exposure your home receives
- The architectural design of your home
- The maintenance of and design of your water run-off system
- How materials are stored on site prior and during installation
Due to these factors we recommend the following:
Depending on the above factors, evaluate recoating every 3-4 years.
Depending on the above factors, evaluate recoating every 6 – 8 years.
Cedar Shingles Direct PreStained Eastern White Cedar Shingle
Limited Warranty Against Decay
Transferable 50 Year Warranty